Wednesday, May 30, 2012

BuffaloBarCamp #Fail

Well I can only say that after signing up on Facebook, then signing up on the BarCamp Wiki site as the 7th presenter, then finding out that they built another site called BarCampBuffalo.org and signing up as a presenter in the top 12 presenters to find out that it depends on when you actually show up and sign in. Also they say that they wanted to keep it to 15 presenters on the website but allowed 30 people to sign in. I could not be there early as I had two major presentations during the day and I ended up being 24th when I signed in at 6:30. So at 9:30 p.m. I was exhausted and still had about 40 minutes or longer till I went on, so I just left. Ugh. There is 3 hours I would like back. The presentations were good, some better than others. I was just disappointed as I was looking forward to this as I love sharing Astronomy but it wasn't meant to be. I was happy as several friends came to support me but I feel terrible that I was set to go on so late and didn't even go on.

They actually moved someone else in the 25th spot up to the 18th spot after the break. Just poorly planned event. Would I go again? No thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment