Monday, December 5, 2016

Autel Robotics X-Star Premium Drone



So if you were to ask me 10 or 20 years ago before technology really took off for the human race, that I would own an autonomous flying vehicle, I would have said, please stop doing whatever drugs you are doing because you are crazy! 

But with the year 2016 winding down, I have found myself a proud owner of very high powered 

UAS (Unmanned Aircraft System)
known as the
Autel Robotics X-Star Premium Drone


I purchased it at Best Buy a day before my birthday on lunch in the middle of a workday. 

I could hardly contain my excitement as I opened the case in my car to see this new wonder! 



So how did I come to purchasing this particular one you ask?

I met the CEO Steve McIrvin at the Annual National Association of REALTORS(R) Conference in early November 
(where I met this guy - Ty Burrell!!!)


and I knew right away the drone was a solid piece of equipment. I had been pricing out the DJI Phantom and MAVEC drones and looked at the 
GoPRO SOLO but the price was too high and I had heard enough bad things to that I didn't want them for the price.

I got to see how the drone flew at the event, and then went to 
To find out everything I could about the X-Star and what I found was a crazy amount of great videos and nothing but positive reviews!


The drone is a lot like the DJI Phantom Series, except that the camera comes right off the drone and can be replaced with a new one or even better cameras that are coming. 
I heard Infrared / Heat Signatures! Search and Rescue!


The other thing I liked more than DJI was the hard case that the Premium version gives you.

This is the DJI case, which is just a styrofoam case. To me it looks 
like a beer cooler!




But behold the X-Star case below! Its like James Bond case! Zippers close and is travel ready!




So the Drone case comes packed with the Controller, Drone, 
8 propellers, Battery, Charger for both Controller & Battery,
Neck strap, 64GB mini-SD card, and a instruction manual.







It took about an hour to charge everything up. 




The first thing I had to do was download the updated firmware from their website and then copy the file to the SD Card, insert the card back into the drone and power everything up and it updated everything automatically! 




My first Picture from the drone and outside I went to do a quick night test flight!







The app for the Drone is called Starlink and it works easy and allows you to set waypoints, orbits and follow me. It also has Auto-TakeOff and Auto Landings which make life so much easier! All which I have since tested and they work as intended! 




A great shot of my neighborhood about 250 feet up!



Another nice shot of UB North Campus at around 389 feet!






Here is the "Follow Me" Feature on my drone as my son who drove the truck (which you will see occasionally in the shot!) and I just tried to keep the drone facing the best parts as we drove through our Christmas lighted neighborhood!



And here is my first multi-clip video, merged together for one nice drone flight!

For $699 this Drone is worth it for both consumer and commercial applications!

Go get this drone!






No comments:

Post a Comment