Monday, October 7, 2013

StartUp Weekend Buffalo October 2013

Startup Weekend - Buffalo
This event takes place all over the world at different times. October 4-6 was the third installment of the Startup Weekend here in Buffalo NY. UB Davis Hall

If you want to read about the main details check here - http://startupweekend.org/
For the Buffalo version, click here - http://buffalo.startupweekend.org/

My take on being at my first startup is that being involved in any level for this event makes you smarter for being there. On top of it you meet a lot of great, intelligent and hard working people that want to make a difference. Let me tell you, it was a lot of fun and is a great experience to say the least.

Here are some of my pictures from the event!

Getting the food setup and here comes Jon Spitz the organizer!


Getting registration going.



Our tradeshow table as we were sponsors of the event.



My neighbors!


Registration and free T-Shirts!

NewEra Cap was a sponsor and gave a way a ton of awesome hats!


People meeting each other to get a feel for what might work for their ideas.



People start coming in!



The intro!












Half-Baked was a funny start to the event sort of like an ice-breaker to get everyone ready. I was asked by my team to pitch an idea and it was well received! 







People started pitching their ideas and then once all were done they would pick an area and try to get votes to move on. I had three ideas i liked and posted my stickers on each one of them.


















Once they were all picked the teams were formed based on needs and wants and by 10:00 p.m. Friday teams were working toward the goal of completing their idea to pitch to the judges. 



The winning team, was my favorite - Rent Check - a payment platform for Landlords.

Congrats to all that participated, helped, and organized this wonderful and very needed event!

No comments:

Post a Comment